So you stocked up on pantry items a couple months ago and now you need to eat through all that food – sound familiar? I’m in the same situation!
Here’s 10 meals you can make with those jars of pasta sauce in your pantry!
1. Pizza Sticks. Top refrigerated breadstick dough with a thin layer of pasta sauce. Sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese and bake. Serve with extra sauce for dipping.
2. Minestrone Soup. Boil 1 jar of sauce and 5 cups water. Stir in cooked pasta, chopped mixed vegetables, canned beans and grated Parmesan cheese. Cook until vegetables are tender.
3. Mozzarella Baked Spaghetti. Boil spaghetti noodles and brown ground beef. Add pasta, seasoned beef, and sauce to a casserole dish. Top with mozzarella and bake until cheese is melted!
4. Vodka Penne Simmer. Simmer 1/2 cup heavy cream and 3 cups pasta sauce in a skillet for 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in 2 to 3 tablespoons vodka. Toss with cooked pasta!
5. Pizza Bagels. Toast bagels slightly. Top with sauce and whatever you’d like to use to top your pizza. Bake until cheese melts!
6. Buffalo Wings. Mix together 1 cup of pasta sauce and 1 cup hot sauce. Lightly coat chicken wings with sauce mixture. Roast at 425 degrees F for 40 minutes.
7. Sloppy Joes. Brown Italian sausage, then add chopped onions and bell peppers. Once veggies are cooked, stir in pasta sauce and heat. Serve on rolls or hamburger buns.
8. Baked Beans. Simmer 1 cup pasta sauce with 1/4 cup honey mustard, 1/4 cup brown sugar and 1 large can white beans until bubbly.
9. Instant Salsa. Combine 1 cup pasta sauce, 2 tablespoons lime juice, 1/2 cup corn kernels, chopped cilantro, diced red onion and a dash of hot sauce!
10. Vegetable Casserole. Toss your sauce with cooked veggies and add to a baking dish. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and parmesan and bake!
So which will you be trying first? Or maybe you have enough stocked up to try them all! Either way, these meal ideas are super simple and satisfying!