It’s a new year and you’ve set some new goals for yourself! Maybe you have a fitness related goal, or maybe your goal is to just incorporate more veggies into your diet – no matter what your goals are, nourishing your body is important!
Try out this easy crockpot honey garlic chicken recipe that tastes like takeout, but is made with natural ingredients!
Here’s what you will need:
1.5 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
1/3 cup honey
2 tbsp tomato paste
2 tsp chili paste
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp rice vinegar
2 tbsp cornstarch
Here’s what you’ll do:
· Place the chicken in the bottom of your crockpot.
· In a bowl, mix together soy sauce, honey, tomato paste, chili paste, garlic and rice vinegar. Pour mixture over chicken.
· Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or high for 2-3 hours (chicken should reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
· Remove chicken and put on a plate or dish. Whisk cornstarch into leftover liquid in slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 15 minutes. Sauce should thicken slightly. If you’d like the sauce thicker, cook for up to 30 minutes.
· With two forks, place chicken back into the slow cooker and shred.
· Stir to coat the chicken in sauce.
· Serve over rice (or cauliflower rice) topped with green onions and sesame seeds! Add a side of steamed veggies for a well-balanced, nutrient-dense meal!